Friday, April 30, 2010

Banana Bread {the best ever!}

Banana Cream Bread
(from my neighbor Arin)


1 1/2 C. Vegetable Oil
3 C. Sugar
4 Eggs
6 Mashed Bananas
1 TBSP Vanilla
1 1/2 Tsp Salt
4 C. Flour
1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1 C. Sour Cream
2 C. Nuts (opt)

Heat Oven to 325
Grease and flour 3 bread pans (I usually halve the recipe and it still makes 2 loaves)
Combine oil, sugar, eggs, sour cream, bananas, vanilla, and salt.
Sift together flour and baking soda.
Mix into wet ingredients
DO NOT OVER MIX!
Divide into loaf pans and sprinkle about 2 Tbsp sugar over batter.
Bake for 60 minutes.

This is the best banana bread ever!  When ever I make it, it doesn't last long at all.  My neighbor Arin (the one who gave me the recipe) brought this over to our family shortly after we moved in to our house.  We ate the whole loaf of bread that night...so of course I had to bug her for the recipe, and I am so glad I did!

2 comments:

Robin said...

My favorite banana bread ever!

Christine said...

This truely is the best banana bread ever. I'll never use another recipe again!