I have a new favorite dessert about every two weeks. This is my current favorite and oh my goodness, it's good! I wish I could remember where I saw the recipe, it was on one of the many food blogs that I follow. I first saw it while I was dieting and knew that it was going to be the first thing I'd eat when I was done. I'm on a coconut kick lately. Can't get enough of it. Coconut cookies, coconut syrup on crepes (another recipe I need to share-delish) and these Mounds Bars with coconut. Mike isn't a fan of coconut so he's not real fond of my current obsession, but even he liked this recipe. And it's so quick and easy. I've already made it twice. It's definately going into my tried-and-true recipe box as a family favorite.
Mounds Bars
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1 cup shredded coconut
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
3 Tbsp peanut butter
Mix together first three ingredients. Pack in a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Combine sweetened condensed milk and coconut. Spread over cracker mixture. Bake 15 minutes or until golden. Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter and spread over slightly cooled coconut mixture. Cool. Keep refridgerated.
1 comment:
Ohhh...these look so good. I have to make a dessert for a baptism this weekend and I think this is it. I don't know if I want to share them though. They look so yummy!!
Post a Comment