Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cilantro Lime Rice
















In my quest to remake all my favorites from Cafe Rio, I have discovered this recipe.  Justin, Scott, and I are huge fans.  The other kids...not so much.  They don't really count though because they do not yet adore Cafe Rio as I do.  So give it a try.  It is a little limey, but I like it that way.  You can reduce the lime juice of you want.  This is so good served with Janae's enchiladas or Pineapple and Green Chile Pork Tacos.

Cilantro Lime Rice

4 tbls butter
2 1/2 cups rice
4 1/2 cups chicken broth (I use Minute Rice so I only use half this amount of broth)
1 1/2 tsp salt
juice of 4 small limes or 4 tbls lime juice (You can use less if you don't love lime)
4 tbsp chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp cumin

Mix all in rice cooker or pot until done. ( I don't have a rice cooker so I just cook it in a sauce pan)

No comments: