Recipe adapted from A Year of Slow Cooking
The recipe originally had you make your own pesto, but I have fallen in love with this pesto (pictured below) so I thought I would just buy it instead. It is in the refrigerated section, (at WinCo it is on the top shelf near the salsa by the tortellini). At my house any time the kids hear us say pesto, they say "pesto is the besto". This is so yummy on hoagie sandwiches too. It really is the besto!
4 chicken thighs
sliced mozzarella cheese (I just layered one or two slices on each thigh)
PestoIn the bottom of a large slow cooker, arrange your chicken pieces. Mine were still frozen. Layer on slices of mozzarella cheese. Pour pesto evenly on top. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for 4-5. If your chicken is frozen it will take a bit longer.
This was so good. It had a lot of flavor to it. We just served it with dutch oven style potatoes (cooked in a frying pan this time of year).

No comments:
Post a Comment