Christine this is for you...I don't have a picture to post with it. Jay and I make this a lot since the last reunion. It is so yummy!
Spinach Salad
1 (6 oz) pkg fresh baby spinach
1 c chopped cumcumber
1 c fresh broccoli florets
1/2 c golden rasins
1/2 c real bacon bits
1/4 c slivered almonds
1/4 c sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 c chopped red onion
Dressing:
1/3 c mayonnaise
1/4 c sugar
2 T red wine vinegar
Directions:
In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, cucumber, broccoli, raisins, bacon, almonds, mushrooms, and onion.
In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients until smooth. Just before eating, drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Christine,
Aren't you glad you have two sisters who both respond so efficiently to your requests? Next time, maybe Janae and I should confer with each other so we don't post two recipes of the exact same thing!
Thanks for the recipe (both of you!). I made it on Saturday. I didn't realize how big the salad was going to be. At first I thought I should have halved the recipe. But, then I ate almost the whole dang thing it one sitting. It was so good. I couldn't stop. Haylee came over to see what I was eating and saw the spinach leaves and says "Mom, are you eating leaves?". Funny girl. Thanks again, I'll be making it again (and again and again). So good.
Post a Comment