Monday, February 8, 2010

Congo Bars

 
I know Congo Bars isn't a new recipe to any of us, but I made some changes to the original recipe over the weekend and they turned out de-lish-ous, so I thought I would share. I added peanut butter and did peanut butter chips AND milk chocolate chips. The recipe said to cook them for 15-20 minutes. I took them out right at 15 minutes. Most people would probably say they were under cooked but I love them gooey so I think they were perfect. I think it's my newest favorite treat, and they're so quick and easy.
Congo Bars
2/3 cup oil
2 1/4 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
Cream oil and brown sugar. Add eggs, peanut butter and vanilla and mix well. Mix in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips (the dough was so thick that I actually had to pull it out of the bowl and knead it by hand to get it mixed well). Press into cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

Those sound so yummy! I need to go buy some peanut butter chocholate chips.