Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Pulled Chicken Suiza Sammies
recipe from http://www.realmomkitchen.com/
I have not actually made these yet, but I am going to as soon as I buy some salsa verde. They look so yummy! I will add my comments as to whether or not they were a hit with the kiddos after I make them. We love any hot meat and cheese sandwich so I am sure they will be a winner.
Pulled Chicken Suiza Sammies
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1 small red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 cups store-bought tomatillo salsa or salsa verde
1/2 cup sour cream
1 rotisserie-style chicken, skin discarded and meat shredded
4 sandwich rolls, split (I think it makes more like 6-8 sandwiches)
4 slices Swiss or monterey jack cheese
Pre-heat the broiler. In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
Stir in the lime juice and honey, then stir in the salsa and heat through. Mix in the sour cream. Stir in the chicken to coat.
Place sandwich rolls on baking sheet and top bottom half of rolls with the cheese and broil on middle rack until rolls are lightly toasted and cheese is melted. Fill sandwiches with chicken mixture and serve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment