We have always liked rice, but I never used to make it until about a year ago when we found minute rice (now looking back I think this is what Mom always used, but when I was little I didn't like rice so I didn't pay much attention). Well we love fried rice too, but we haven't ever tried to make it with minute rice.
I found a recipe yesterday and gave it a try and it was so quick and really good.
Modified the recipe from the Minute Rice website
Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil 3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 pkg. (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed ---we didn't have any of these, so I just cut up some celery and about a 1/4 of an onion instead, and I think that is how we will always make it.
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 cups MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
1 cube of chicken bullion
Directions:
ADD broth, vegetables and soy sauce to skillet; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook eggs; scramble until done. Add to rice mixture after it has sat for 5 minutes.

No comments:
Post a Comment