I have been making these enchiladas for a couple of years. I made up the recipe on night when I didn't know what to cook and didn't have much food on hand, because I hated going to the grocery store with (back then) 3 kids. Now we tote 4 kids along with us every Saturday and manage just fine...live and learn I guess.
1 pkg soften cream cheese
1 can refried beans
1-2 cups cubed chicken (I sometimes use the canned chicken if I am in a big hurry)
1/2 cup rice (I don't always put this in, I only use it if I have left overs from the night before)
2 cans enchillada sauce
1 cup grated cheese
Flour tortillas
Mix together cream cheese, refried beans, chicken and rice. Spoon the mixture into flour tortillas then roll them up. I usually have enough chicken mixture to make about 10-12 tortilla rolls. Place them all seam down in a 9x13 pan. Pour enchillada sauce on top (I usually only use about 1 1/2 cans, but if Bridger is helping he insists we pour it all on...either way it turns out just fine). Then top with grated cheese and bake in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes.
This freezes well too, you just have to increase your baking time. Don't put the grated cheese on if you are freezing it, I would just pull it out of the oven about 15 minutes before it was done and sprinkle with cheese and then put back in the oven. Sorry I don't remember how long to bake it if you freeze it.
They are really quick to make (especially if you don't have to cook the chicken).
This is Bridger's favorite dinner, and everyone else must like it too, because we rarely have leftovers--but if we do they are so yummy the next day.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love enchiladas but haven't found a recipe yet that the kids like. I will try these. They look yummy and simple!
Post a Comment