Friday, February 26, 2010

Peanut Butter Bars



This recipe is from the Sisters Cafe

Peanut Butter Bars

3/4 C butter
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
3/4 peanut butter
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 C flour
1 1/2 C oats

Cream together the butter and sugars. Add peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix the oats until firm dough is made. Press batter into a jelly roll pan (a little smaller than a standard cookie sheet--I use the pampered chef stoneware bar sheet) Bake at 325 for 12 -15 minutes, depending on your oven. Do not over bake! The bars should be BARELY golden. If you over cook them they are dry and not very good, in my opinion. Allow to cool while you make your frosting.

Chocolate Fudge Frosting

(this is the best frosting ever!)

1 cup sugar
5 Tablespoons butter
1/3 cup milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup mini marshmallows

Place the sugar, butter and milk in the small saucepan over medium-low heat and cook stirring constantly, until the mixture come s to a boil. Boil stirring constantly for 1 minute. Remove the pan from heat, add the chocolate chips and stir until melted, then add the marshmallows and stir until melted. Spread onto mostly cool bars.

I just barely made these and had a minute to post about it while I waited for some vinyl to get cut.  They are so yummy...and the frosting really is the best (and easiest) frosting I have ever made.

4 comments:

Christine said...

I actually made these a while back when she first blogged about them. They were so good! It cracks me up how we always seem to pick out the same recipes. Great minds think alike.

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

That is pretty funny. I think since we all grew up eating the same thing we all still cook really similar 10 (or
in Robin's case) 16 years later...he he.

Robin said...

Just 15, not 16.

Robin said...

We made these yesterday and they are my kids' new favorite treat. Sooooooo good!!! I made them in a 9 x 13 pan instead and just baked them slightly longer. They ended up just slightly underbaked which is perfect in my opinion. We will make these again for sure! Probably tomorrow.